CAMPBELTOWN COMMUNITY COUNCIL
MINUTES OF MEETING on TUESDAY 13th December 2022
in Campbeltown Town Hall
V Nimmo, Chairperson, welcomed everyone to the meeting.
V Nimmo CCC
A Martin CCC
C Dobbie CCC
K Gillies CCC
A Gallacher CCC
A Baker CCC
J Martin CCC
J Biggins CCC
I Mitchell CCC
Cllr J Armour Argyll & Bute Council
Cllr T MacPherson Argyll & Bute Council
J Westerman Project Officer – Home Energy Efficiency, Argyll & Bute Council
D Allen, V MacBrayne, E Glendinning
DECLARATION OF INTEREST
- MINUTES OF LAST MEETING
Minutes of the meeting on 8th November – the following changes were agreed:
Treasurer’s Report Main Account £12,158.84, Town Centre £310, Quesada £510
Amended Minutes were proposed by JB, seconded by JM.
- MATTERS ARISING
- Shortage of dentists – VN contacted Jenny Minto MSP and HSCP, no reply from latter
- State of local primary schools’ buildings – VN contacted D Hendrie, reply received
- Complaints Model – agreed
- Action Plan update – CC still to engage with Council re resilience plan
- Senior Citizens Concert – to tie in with coronation in May 2023
- Matters raised by public – problem re anti social behaviour at bus terminus seems to have been resolved. AG proposed that questions from members of the public attending a meeting be brought forward on the agenda. Agreed.
J Westerman explained her role to promote energy efficiency across Argyll and Bute and distributed information leaflets. Anyone can request a free energy efficiency survey of their home by contacting Home Energy Scotland HOMEENERGYSCOTLAND.ORG 08088082282. Recommendations are made and grants can be available. Jackie will be publicising this scheme further and will talk to MAKI Area Community Planning meeting and local drop in warm place in the SKDT hall. She is working closely with the Council’s Welfare Rights Service to ensure unclaimed funds are applied for.
VN thanked Jackie for her very informative presentation and will publicise the information on CCC’s Facebook page.
- POLICE SCOTLAND REPORT
This was received by email for the MAKI area and it was agreed that it was very generic and would be better to have police presence at the meeting.
- COUNCILLORS’ REPORTS
Cllr Armour gave following report.
- Town Centre Traffic Management – a meeting was held today looking into making Longrow one way. Parking problems raised but Council Officers say there have been no incidents so everyone urged to take photos and send to Cllr Armour. Parking on Burnbank St not illegal unless double parked. Barriers at foot of Burnbank removed due to cost. Need a traffic warden. Transport Scotland propose to install 2 pelican crossings near Aqualibrium in the next financial year. Hall St pavement to be sorted soon to stop flooding.
Road surfaces in and around the town are in a very bad state and drains are choked but there are currently no plans for resurfacing.
- New Primary School – at MAKI area committee mtg last week, a new school to replace Castlehill PS and Dalintober PS was unanimously supported. This will now be investigated by the Council and a report will be forthcoming
- Early Learning Consultation for Campbeltown and Bute – this is still open till 4th Jan, 2023 on Council’s website.
Cllr MacPherson added:
Funding from Transport Scotland could be available to provide cycle lanes in town
- TREASURER’S REPORT
£11,969.45 in main account ( £5,000 received from CCWF for Slatery Farm foot/cyclepath)
£510.00 in Quesada account.
£310 in Town Centre Maintenance fund.
£49,937.19 in CCWF account. £52,879 recently distributed to various organisations.
This was circulated by email
Planning – VMB now CCC contact for planning and will distribute emails
- ACTION PLAN UPDATES
- Jubilee Path – need funding on list for Tesco grant,, Douglas Grierson has informed VN there may be funding available at the end of March, other possibilities being explored.
- Community Shared Ownership VN and IM attended a meeting hosted by EKREG to explore possibilities which was very informative and we are very grateful to EKREG for taking this forward on ours and other South Kintyre Community Councils.
- Warm Space – SKDT are hosting this in the New Year in their Kirk St Hall 5 days per week, 10am-4pm. Tea/coffee will be provided and occasional talks will be given.
- Secretary for CCC – in hand
DATE OF NEXT MEETING TUESDAY, 10TH JANUARY AT 7:30PM IN TOWN HALL